We want a Toronto with public space for everyone. You can help.
Established in 2001, the Toronto Public Space Committee has a long history of creating projects that both celebrate Toronto and defend it from corporate and private forces. Our work is created, envisioned, and run by volunteers who are working towards more inclusive and creative public spaces.
- We host a bi-monthly speaker series to highlight what’s new and important in Toronto public space.
- We help communities take back billboard advertising space and make it neighbourhood space.
- We take down unwanted fences to encourage community connection.
- We advocate together with other Toronto organizations for public spaces that meet the needs of local communities.
- We organize fun projects and activities like painting street murals and activating winter golf courses.
For us to continue building a more livable city, we need your help to keep our projects and initiatives accessible to everyone.
Our goal is to raise $3500 for 2021.
$1,800.00 to provide accessibility accommodations (ASL interpretation) for speaker series and meetings.
- $348.00 to fund our website hosting and domain for the coming year.
- $271.20 to fund the Zoom platform for our virtual meetings to stay safe during COVID and make our meetings as accessible as possible.
- $600.00 to fund honorariums for guest speakers (1 guest speaker per meeting for a total of 6 guest speakers).
- $480.80 as a miscellaneous fund for banking fees and unexpected costs that may occur throughout the year.
Donations aren’t the only way to be part of TPSC! We also love:
- Enthusiastic volunteers / sweat equity!
- Your unused art supplies!
- Great ideas!
- If you know a person who knows someone who could help us do something beautiful together!
Don’t hesitate to let us know at [email protected]
Thanks! We’re looking forward to making a better Toronto together :)